Understanding the Postal Biz 5 Zone Areas
If you need more information or do not see it clearly labeled, speak to your Operations Manager
1. Drop-off Zone – area where UPS, FEDEX, USPS, DHL packages are clearly held in a clear space. No other open boxes should be located in the same space.
2. Scan Zone – One location clearly labeled to show customers and staff where packages will be scanned when dropped-off. (This is especially useful when customers drop-off while we are with other clients).
3. Pickup Zone – Customer pickup area for jobs completed or fax received. Put any payment due on Cashmate HOLD or bill to VIP Account holders.
4. Tasks Zone – where work is waiting to be completed or to handover to next shift. Of course it is good practice to get it done immediately, but we will have situation say printing or custom graphic needs to be created next day by a designer. Check it regularly to follow up on tasks.
5. Mailbox Zone – where customer’s mail and packages are kept. One yellow card represents one package to be collected. This includes Virtual Mail and Drop-shippers.
Here are a list of video trainings to complete:
How to properly Laminate
(Please remember to turn off and put the dust cover over.)
How to properly crimp coil spiral bound
Virtual Mailbox Check Deposits
Obtain the name of the renter’s bank and their account number and save it under the “Notes” tab in the renter’s account.
Then, pick up some deposit slips from the renter’s bank. When a deposit request comes in, simply write “for deposit only” on the back of the check, fill out the deposit slip, and either drop it off at the bank or mail it in next day. Update Virtual Mail system.
Void vs Refund on card payments
A VOID is completed only on the same day and the transaction will typically disappear from a customer’s credit account statement within 24 hours, while a REFUND may take 3 to 5 business days to appear on a customer’s credit/debit account statement. A DEBIT card cannot be VOID, instead a senior staff or Manager can issue a refund. Please inform the customer a refund will be completed by a manager and may take 3 to 5 business days to appear on the customer’s statements. Hand the receipt to be refunded to a manager.
The Rules of USPS First Class Parcel vs First Class Service Package
First Class Service Package is a commercial rate discounted for Postalmate, cannot include personal correspondence except that such parcels may contain invoices, receipts, incidental advertising, and other documents that relate in all substantial respects to merchandise contained in the parcels. It is subjected to inspection, whereas First Class Parcels are private, are closed against postal inspection. [MORE INFO]. Media Mail are not for documents, but books or CD.
Email to Print Process
Understanding Booklet Printing
Ref. Employee https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf
Contractor Bonus https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf